Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Halloween mini album share

I have to admit that I'm not the greatest at scrapping Halloween pictures. I really don't know what it is, but I always seem to get caught up in the fact that the girls' costumes, which are usually pink and frilly, don't "match" typical Halloween collections.

I'm wondering how I'm going to do the same thing this year since Wonder Woman's gold, red, and navy color combo doesn't necessarily work with all the oranges, blacks, purples, and greens I keep seeing that are out there.

SO, I came up with a really quick, really cheap solution to my so-called problem. I found this little mini in the clearance section at Michaels. It had some random summery dot pattern running down the front, so I covered that part up with ribbon. Then I added a cute Elle's Studio tag, some SRM stickers, a flocked spiderweb from Fancy Pants, a little button with orange twine, and voila! I've got myself a Halloween mini.



The inside of the book is just photo sleeves, so I plan on sliding in my years (blushing) of costume pics and trick or treating, maybe a little embellishment or office tab or label here or there, and let it be. Quick. easy. And at a good price too! Problem solved.

For now.

Happy Thursday!


ETA: I almost forgot!! Since this is Halloween related, I'm linking it up over at the Paper Issues blog. This month's challenge is Halloween, so if you have any projects, cards, or layouts, link them up over under the October challenge so we can all see!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute album - kinda makes me wish we celebrated Halloween here in Iceland!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Wow!Wonderful! Love Halloween time which is not celebrated here in France:(
Bisous

Jason and Gretchen said...

Do you just have tons of albums sitting around? ;)

Kate Vickers said...

So cute! Love it. :)

Pam said...

This is so cute, what a great idea! None of our costumes ever match the papers either;)

Gretchen said...

hey! super cute!!

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute mini album :)