Sunday, October 18, 2009

A rare mini album

Rare, because I don't make them that often. But I do like to make them. I did this one as a part of Finals week over at the Nook. (I came in 4th place, which the competitor in me isn't completely satisfied with. Oh well. There's next year. I do like the stuff I made though.)

I particularly like this mini because I was able to use up a lot of my pictures I'd taken at the lake over the course of the summer. And this time I centered not on the fun activities, but how much the lake brings us together as a family.

The details of the mini album challenge were that it had to be 8 pages or 8 designed surfaces and it was cumulative in that we had to use 3 of the previous "lessons" that had been covered in class. I chose to revisit the Typography, Art 110 (Doodling), Biology (paper pieced animal), Eng. Lit., and Graphic Design classes. Yes, I'm an over-achiever. I know. But it's more like I'm just stinkin' competitive.











One last quick note. The mini is the square scalloped chipboard. Since I left the chipboard bare, it was hard to photograph. So I propped up the yellow paper behind it. Also, I'm aware that I didn't doodle around the edges of the 1st cousin page with my sister in it. That's called procrastination and then an overlooked mistake because I tried to finish in hurry. Yeah, I was like that in school too. Guess old habits die hard.

That's all from me today!

Have a happy Monday! :D

2 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Great mini!! I love the doodling on all the pages... too cute!!
barb :)

Gretchen said...

great mini D!