Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scrap Street

A while back I was asked by Stacey Michaud, a staff member for ScrapStreet.com, if I'd like to Guest Design for their online magazine. Of course I said heck yeah, and now it's here! Woohoo! You can check it out on page 33.

Sights and Sounds of Game Day






It's a part of their Off Road feature, and I was asked to specifically journaling about the sounds I hear. It was an interesting assignment, and really got me out of my comfort zone, but I'm excited with the way the LO turned out. It's also a bit different from my usual style, but it's good to change it up every now and then, right?

Of course I reminisced about the sounds of game day, walking through the Grove, and hearing our fight sound echo across the canopy of oak trees. (You don't want to get me going about how much I love Ole Miss and Oxford. I get realllly sentimental about it. Can ya tell?) I cut up a ticket stub to use as some embellishment on the page. And I also jazzed it up a bit with lots of glitter and then used the foiled thickers for a nice shiny effect.

Thank you Scrap Street, and Stacey, for giving me such a great opportunity!

3 comments:

Kristii said...

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations!! You rock girl!!!

Kristii said...

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations!! You rock girl!!!

Gretchen said...

i love how this one turned out!!