Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Banner and a sweet surprise!

One of my Nikki Sivils projects this month is a Fall banner I made for our fireplace. I LOVE making banners! I love how they add a touch of the season. For this one, I used the "Sweet as Cherry Pie" chipboard mini-book trees, only I turned them upside down and made the into pumpkins. Then I covered them with some papers from "Henry's Brillance", not your typical Halloween paper but I'm a sucker for argyle. Plus, I didn't want JUST a Halloween banner, but something that'd last through all of November too. So here it is:


Other products used: cardstock-Bazzill, silk leaves-Michaels, felt accents-Little Yellow Bicycle, chipboard letters-Basic Grey, (my favorite)brown glitter-Pink Paislee, paper leaves & grapevine accents-Prima, and orange Maya Mist

Close-ups of one of the letters.


detailed shots:



*********************

And then this morning I saw some FUN fun news on the My Mind's Eye blog. I WON their Blog Challenge #4!!! I'm SO excited and still a little shocked! Totally didn't see that one coming! Wow! Thank you so much for choosing me Amber! :D

Hope everyone else's Monday has started off as good as mine!

1 comment:

Aimee Kidd said...

This banner is so adorable! You're making me want to create one! How are you? Missing you at CMD!!