Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things that make my heart smile

It's been the little things lately. Those unprompted words from the kids, those little pats on the back that let you know you may in fact be doing something right.Or it's been the gratification of working hard on something and seeing the "picture" in your mind come to fruition. Yeah, I've had afew little things lately that have warmed my heart and made it smile.

The first of which is the fact that the last 2 days Caroline has been quite quotable. This one knocked my socks off!

The scene: Wednesday, kneeling in front of her bed, saying bedtime prayers.

me: "Okay, repeat after me."
C: "No mama. YOU repeat after me."
me: "uh..okay..." (which I did, but for the story's sake, I'll leave it out.)
C: "Dear God...
...thank you for our food...
...and...and... I'm sorry for hitting Baby Kate...
Amen."

Yeah, made my heart smile. A LOT. Oh to have faith like a little child. Precious.




***********************************

The other thing that has been making my heart smile is not near that touching, but oh so nice. I'm been scrapping. A LOT. 3 Layouts submitted to CK for their lake call. (Haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming they didn't pick me. But just in case, I'll hold off on posting the LOs a few more days.) Then I've created one so far with my gorgeous Color Me Daisy April kit. Think Lily Bee. And finally I finished up a LO for Urban Anthology's "Design Star" contest. You know me, anything that remotely sounds like it belongs on HGTV has my attention. LOL! So here are those LOs.

First from the Color Me Daisy April kit:

"Hug"


Josh and SK when they were dancing. Just a tender moment that just happens to also warm my heart. My guy being a great dad!



Bazzill cs, Lily Bee "French Couture" pp, AC thickers felt flowers and ribbon, Jenni Bowlin packaging, and some lovely corrugated cardboard

And then my "Design Star" challenge #1 entry:

Hide & Seek


When C plays hide-and-seek in the back yard she always heads for the magnolia tree, but then giggles the whole time and says, "Here I am!" Totally cracks me up! So one day I took my camera with me to go and seek! lol!




all paper is MME, My Little Shoebox diecuts, Prima and Heidi Swapp flowers, misc. ribbons and ric rac, AC thickers, strands of pearl trim

*****************************

And then lastly, this little stinker makes me laugh everyday.

Whether she's wearing her "gasses"


or learning to blow bubbles (after a few taste tests)


She keeps me on my toes! :D

Thanks for letting me share some heart warming moments from the last couple days. Hope you've had some good ones too! ;)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Cute LOs!!! Hehehe...I love the bubbles...my DD would end up blowing them when she talked because she had "tasted" a few too many times! he!