Friday, November 21, 2008

Swagbucks search engine



Okay, so here's the deal I was referring to in yesterday's post. I stumbled across this the other day from Money Saving Mom, and thought, "It can't hurt, right?" It's a new(er) search engine called Swagbucks. It rewards you for your searches online when you use their search engine (powered by Google and Ask.com). Basically after a set number of searches, the site rewards you with what it calls a swagbuck, and after your Swagbucks have added up you can redeem them for giftcards which are sent to you in the mail.

I did some investigation and learned that Swagbucks is very simple to sign up for. In fact, it takes all of about one minute. There are no fees, no credit card required, and no phone number or address requested. After that, you are credited 3 points to your account and then download the toolbar and every day as you're searching online, you earn a few more points.

Now, you might be thinking, "What's the big deal if I only earn a $5 gift card every month?" Well, $5 isn't that exciting, you're right. But your earnings will exponentially multiply when you refer others. They multiply quickly after you've referred several people, and honestly, if you're reading this, then you probably have a blog. Just think. If you post it on your blog, send them your referral link, and you'll not only instantly earn more points when they sign up, you'll also earn points for the searching TEHY do online as well as your own! You could be receiving a WHOLE LOT more Swagbucks than just the few you make doing searches.

Before I gave you this schpeel, I thought I'd try it out for a few days. I'm not one to promote something that I'm not willing to do myself. So I signed up, Swagbucks is now my search toolbar (they use Google and Ask.com for their searches btw.) I haven't had a problem at all, in fact yesterday I earned another swagbuck just because I was researching DSLR deals. So I can't complain there. All I can think of is if you're going to be searching anyway, then why not try to get "paid" for it, ya know?

So there you have it. My Swagbucks endorsement. To me it's not any different than Google, which I use a lot. I hope that by posting this, you'll all sign up too and pass it on or post it on your blog too, and all of us who are addicted to the internet, MBs and such, will all gain some gift cards along the way!

Oh, and the gift cards? Big brand names like Starbucks, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Places you really do shop and eat and drink. Just thought that might be worth mentioning. So go check it out. Make it your toolbar/search engine of choice, and let's all earn some goodies in return. ;)

You can sign up for Swagbucks here.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing....

2 comments:

AbbieTorroll said...

hugh that is interesting. I have never heard of such a thing! I will have to check it out!

Beth said...

Ok Deanna...i'm on my way to check it out! Sounds pretty cool!